I’ve always been a matte make up girl and having combination skin plays a huge part in this. Because of this, I’ve always stayed clear of any products that give a ‘dewy’ finish. If you love matte make up like me then don’t fret if you’re unsure as to how to infuse it into your matte make up look. Here are my top 5 cream blushes!
PRO TIP – When you apply your foundation and ‘before’ you set it with powder, dab your cream blush along your cheekbones and make sure it’s blended in. Now you can continue with your powder to set your foundation. Your cream blush will stay put with your foundation!
- LANCOME Cooling Cushion Blush in Sorbet Grenadine – This is one of my favorites out of the bunch. The mousse like cushion texture is super light and just the right amount of pigment that blends in effortlessly. The color is build-able if you want a stronger finish.
- MAC Creme Blend Blush in Something Special – It’s an easy to blend blush and build-able but would suit lighter skin tones more than tanned. The texture leaves a natural sheen which doesn’t look oily and if you finish it off with Prep & Prime powder it sets beautifully.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Blush in Coral – Blends in seamlessly and can be worn under or over powder meaning it’s worth keeping in your bag if you need touch ups. It gives a natural flush of color which is warming for any skin tone.
- STILA Convertable Color in Gerbera – This Rosy, Peachy, Pink is a good mix of shades to suit any skin color. The texture is a little on the sticky side which can feel weird when you want to set your powder on top so I’d suggest using this over your powder but it won’t give you it’s full potential. Best if used without powder.
- BOBBI BROWN Pot Rouge in Fresh Melon – I love this color as it’s not too overpowering. It looks amazing on light olive skin tones. It’s a very sheer and light texture so you can easily build up the color.